Sri Lanka: And Then There Were Three...

Friday, June 16, 2006

I've Changed My Mind!

Well it's about 2:25 am and I have come to the conclusion that I do not want to travel back to Sri Lanka. The political situation appears to be worsening and many innocent people have been killed. More specifically, a recent attack has occurred in a town just 131 miles north of Colombo, the town we will be in. A bus exploded after going over a landmine: this killed 58 people and about 80 were injured--most of whom were regular people on their way to work and school. Hence, this does not provide me with any solace and quite frankly, I do want to save the world, but I have no intentions on becoming a martyr. Hopefully, once I speak with Casey and Dean Merriman my fears and apprehensions will be soothed. If not, I won't go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home